Friendly Blogs

Sonntag, September 09, 2012

Nastia Liukin - College Freshman






© John Cheng


Nastia Liukin may have announced her retirement from competitive gymnastics earlier this summer, but the 2008 Olympic all-around gold medalist is already looking to the future.
The 22-year-old was on hand to celebrate Subway's 47th birthday last week in L.A., and as a Subway Famous Fan, Liukin says she's enjoyed teaming up with the sandwich giant over the years.
"Their support has meant a lot to me," she says. "It's always fun for me to do the commercial shoots with the other athletes. Athletes have a common bond because we know how grueling training is, and everyone's always going for that goal and that dream, so it's just fun being able to be with people who totally understand your lifestyle."
Liukin talked to Parade.com about her award-winning career, her advice to this year's all-around champ Gabby Douglas, and her college ambitions.
On her post-retirement plans.
"I am going on a 40-city gymnastics tour. I'm on the creative team, so I'll be performing, but also putting the whole show together. Our first show is Sept. 8 and the last one is on Nov. 18, and then in January, I'm moving to New York to go to NYU to study sports management."


1 Kommentar:

  1. I love Nastia! Her movements are so classy, she's one of my favoritea gymnasts ever :) Mina. Follow me on my blog The Style Fever

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for your comment - I wish you a wonderful day:-)


~Orianne~