Friendly Blogs

Samstag, April 12, 2014

Ollie Johnson - Anniston, Alabama, October 1911 (Colored by me)

Ollie Johnson. Bible records shows her 10 years old. She goes into the Anniston Mfg. Co. regularly to help her sister Annie spin. Her mother admits it also. Says all the children learn to spin that way. Ollie said: "I have kep up 3 sides for Annie." Sister Annie's Bible record says 12 years old last February. Has a steady job here; runs 4 sides. Mother said Annie learned to spin at Pell City Mill before she was 12, and thought it was all right. Their step-father said: "I'm so porely, thinkin of movin where the climate is better." The whole family works.  Location: Anniston, Alabama, October 1911.




1 Kommentar:

  1. Where di u get such old pics abs stories!!! I love to read them
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for your comment - I wish you a wonderful day:-)


~Orianne~